Large autonomy, heavy weight and excellent finish
The collaboration between the Chinese brand Ijoy and the american modders of Limiteless performs in producing interesting products. After the RDTA and RDTA Plus atomizers, they canvass the world of box mods with a model showing an insane autonomy thanks to the two 26,650 batteries. Indeed, the Dual Lux allows several days of sustained vaping at high power without the need to plug it on. Insane.
The downside is the size, and one should like the large and heavy boxes (349 g, all included). It hardly fits in a pocket unless your is equipped with rugged pockets.
Ijoy didn’t do things by halves when including the two 26,650 batteries in the pack. They look of good quality and are sold about $20 each on the Chinese market. To gain in weight, two 18,650 batteries also fit inside with an adapter (included). Then, the weight is lowered to 283 g. To open the power compartment, you just need to slide down the shell.
The Lux Dual Box 26650 box is massive but with a beautiful design, rendering an overall feeling of robustness that is quite pleasant. Its rounded corners make is soft to handle. Marks of fingers do not print on bright and grainy finish does not
The OLED screen is quite small (0.66 inches) but readable with the most pertinent information. The battery compartment is vented, a micro-USB plug is hidden under the cover and is dedicated to firmware upgrade only (no USB charge).
Intuitive but perfectible chipset
The chipset is upgradeable and intuitive. Three clics are needed to access the Menu. “N” stands for temperature control with Nichrome, “S” for SS316L and “T” for Titanium. The power mode is accessed by selecting “P”. The other icon is used to flip over the display.
Finally, the histogram icon gives access to the “Set Up” where different modes are accessible like “Norm”, “Hard”, “Soft” or “User”, which influence the power delivered by the chipset. The mode “Norm” sends the targeted power, “Hard” upgrades the value by 30% while “Soft” lowers it by 20%.
Since the usefulness of the “Hard” and “Soft” modes is debatable when the device allows to set up the power, the “User” mode is much more interesting. In Power mode, it is used to set up the power delivered during the first 3 seconds, by increments of 0.5 second. Vaping at 30 W, one can choose a soft attack by selecting a gradient of powers to be applied during the first, the second and the third second. The chipset will automatically adapt the ramp to the new targeted power.
In Temperature Control mode, a press on “+” allows to set up the temperature. When set for SS316L, take care not to set the lower a little bit the targeted temperature because the chipset is a bit too generous. It is an issue that will certainly be fixed later with an upgrade, like the fact that the + and – do not flip over when the left-handed mode is activated. Another detail, the power comes back to a default 30 W when selecting the Menu
Vaping with the Dual Lux 26650 is a real pleasure. Its reactivity os perfect and it makes vaping very smooth.
The main features are:
- OLED screen 0.66 inches
- Black Fire button (on/off with 5 clicks)
- Temperature control range: 150° to 315°C in Ni/T/SS316L by increments of 1°C
- Power mode range: 5 W to 215 W by increments of 0.1 W
- Upgradable firmware
- Resistance range: 0.06 to 3.0 Ω
- Threaded 510
- Materials: Zinc alloy and stainless steel
- Height: 101.8 mm
- Width: 57.9 mm
- Diameter: 31 mm
- Weight: 170 g (naked), 349 g (with two 26,650 batteries), 283 g (with two 18,650 batteries)
- Batteries: 2×26,650 included (3.7 V – 4200 mAh – 40A) or 2×18,650 (not included)
- Adapters for 18,650 batteries (sleeve)
- Security: 10 sec, shortcut, low power, no atomizer, overheat (>70°C) et Resistance lock is too high or too low
- Firmware Upgrade via micro-USB
- Display Temp/watts, Power/volts, Ohms and charge
- Vaping modes: Temperature control Ti/Ni/SS316 and wattage
- User Manual (English and Chinese)
- Colors: Black/Gold (Ijoy proposes graphic sleeves in option)
- USB cable
- High Autonomy in 26,650
- Good manufacturing quality
- Chipset: Intuitive and upgradeable
- Soft and smooth vaping
- User configuration (to set up a power ramp during the first 3 seconds)
- Batteries 26,650 included
- 350 g with the two 26,650 batteries
- Chipset issues to be fixed by upgrades
Rating 4.4/5. The Dual Lux 26650 by Limitless and Ijoy is oversized but power lovers will appreciate its large autonomy. Nonetheless, one has to accept its dimensions and weight. The usability of its chipset, its accessibility, its minimalist and functional design, and its robustness make it a very likeable box. Let’s hope that the few chipset issues will soon be fixed with an upgrade to turn it into a fully functional box.