The Vype ePod is particularly easy to use. The only inconvenience in its use is charging the battery. Below we explain what to do if your ePod e-cigarette is not charging properly any more.
Check the contacts
To charge your ePod, you need to plug the cable provided into an adapter or computer USB port, and simply insert the battery in the housing provided at the other end of the cable. The indicator light shows the charging status. If it remains off, the battery is not receiving any power and is therefore not charging.
The most common reason is a dust particle, e-liquid or any other element coming between the battery and those of its housing on the cable. This cuts off the contact and electricity can no longer pass through. You can dislodge them by blowing sharply if the impurity is visible. Then clean gently with a soft brush and clean the contacts thoroughly with a cloth soaked in a small amount of alcohol to remove any grease.
Cable and adapter
Charging should work again once the contacts are clean. Otherwise, you will need to have a look at the device. The fault may come from the cable, the adapter or the battery itself.
Start by testing charging on another adapter or computer USB port. If the device charges as normal, your adapter or your initial USB port is at fault, though this is a rare occurrence.
To test the cable, you will need another one. If the device charges as normal with another cable, your cable is at fault. Try this out at your retailer if you only have one cable, but cable faults are also rare.
The final possibility is the worst-case scenario, as it involves a fault in the battery itself. Here again, the best means to confirm this is to charge another batter on your cable, if it charges as normal, your battery is at fault and needs to be replaced.
To find out more
To guide you in your choice, we have answered the most frequently asked questions concerning its use:
- The ePod is not prone to leakage, but leakages can nonetheless happen. We suggest a few solutions if this happens to you.
- The ePod requires very little maintenance. However, some occasional cleaning of the most exposed parts can prolong its service life and prevent malfunctions.
- During use, the ePod liquid budget may become sizable. We have prepared a report to help you reduce your expenditure and make savings with your e-cigarette.
- To ensure a seamless transition to e-cigarettes, the vapour produced must be satisfactory for the user. Here is some advice if this model is not working for you.
- The Vype tanks are sealed, but it can be tempting to try to fill them with a bottled e-liquid. We tried, successfully but unconvincingly.
- Vype products are widely distributed and relatively easy to find. We explain how you do so quickly and easily online or in-store.
- Travelling with an e-cigarette involves some preparations and precautions. A comprehensive guide to travelling with your ePod with peace of mind.
- Finally, we present a comprehensive comparison with other sealed-tank e-cigarette models. This will allow you to make a fully informed choice.