VTA seeks consumer’s support and declares that a lot of progress has been made to promote responsible public policies like the Cole & Bishop Amendment.
During the recent conference at the Capitol that VTA organized, a day has been dedicated to the bipartisan amendment sponsored by Rep. Tom Cole and Rep. Sanford Bishop, that would change the statutory grandfather date for deemed products, including nicotine-containing electronic vaping devices and e-liquids.
The Cole & Bishop Amendment is a legal tool that will:
- Save small and mid-size vapor businesses;
- Save lives, as vaping is a safer alternative to smoking;
- Address the issue of product safety;
- Protect youth;
- Limiting print advertising of vapor products to adult publications,
- Requiring face-to-face sales, banning self-service except at age-restricted venues,
- Requiring age-restriction labelling.
- Give the federal government the ability to enforce the law, requiring retailers to register, if not already mandated by State laws.
Source: Phil Busardo, US SEVIA.