ISO, the International Standards Organization, announced the creation within the committee ISO/TC 126 “Tobacco and tobacco products” of a new technical subcommittee “Vape and vapour products” in charge of all matters relating to the vape.
AdvertisementBook your ad now
Created at the initiative of France, in 2015 when issuing the first voluntary standards, the technical subcommittee “SC3” will be chaired by Remi Parola, Fivape’s coordinator. Administration will be ensured by the AFNOR, ISO member for France.
Its first workshop will be held the week of October 24, 2016 in Osaka, Japan and will bring together all stakeholders: manufacturers, consumer representatives, health authorities, inspection bodies and testing laboratories.
Seventeen countries have already volunteered to participate in the workshop, the first standards should be published by 2018. They will work on the following issues:
- safety and quality requirements for electronic cigarette devices and e-liquids;
- test methods for devices and e-liquids;
- Determination of substances in e-liquids;
- test conditions, equipment, reference products, programs, vaping machines and robots;
- User information and services provided by dealers.