The Royal decree that transposes the European Tobacco Products Directive in the Belgian law for e-cigarettes has been published on March 3, 2016. Among the few degrees of freedom that provided the Directive, the Belgian government has chosen the most severe strictness.
- The text prohibits online sales of vaping products,
- The notification fee for each new product is set to 4,000 €,
- Manufacturers and importers have 6 months after May 20, 2016 to comply with the notification procedures of all the products present on the market on this date,
- The maximum volume of the exchangeable cartridges and re-fillable tanks is set to 2 ml,
- The packaging will show the following warning: “The nicotine contained in this product creates a strong dependence. Its use by non-smokers is not recommended”.