If you frequently visit websites dealing with the vaping and hemp industries, looking for relevant information on the best products on the market at the moment, you’ve probably run into Delta 8 THC distillate. D8 is quite a popular hemp product right now, and there is a lot of information about it on the internet.
However, not all of the information is verified. That is why we decided to share a few major doubts that people usually have regarding Delta 8 e-liquid. This short doubt will inform you on what D8 is, its legality, how to find the best product for you, and more.
1. Clearing the Doubt About D8 and What It Is
One of the most frequently asked questions about D8 is what it is. The hemp industry has a new player in town, and its name is D8. Delta 8 is the latest thing on the market, and many are wondering what D8 e-liquid is.
Put simply, D8 THC distillate is a hemp product, highly concentrated, that can be used for making other D8 products, such as vape juices and CBD edibles. There is one critical factor that is needed for activating the elements of Delta 8 – the heat.
Unlike Delta 9, D8 isn’t psychoactive, and it won’t get you high. Delta 8 THC distillate is also known as Delta 8 CBD distillate, and it offers the user the perfect balance between D9 THC and CBD without any side effects, anxiety, or paranoia. The potential effects of D8 include:
- Pain relief
- Anti-inflammatory effects
- Appetite stimulation
- Anxiolytic and antiemetic effects
If D9 is too much for you to handle, D8 might just be the thing you’re looking for.
2. Is D8 Legal in the USA?
The doubt about the legality of D8 is real, and many are asking if D8 is legal. In short, yes, it is legal, primarily thanks to the 2018 US Farm Bill. According to this bill, any hemp-derived product which contains 0.3% of D9 THC or less is considered legal.
The keyword here is D9. D9 stands for Delta 9 THC, which is the standard form of psychoactive compound, THC, found in marijuana. D8 differs from D9, both in the effects and the chemical structure. Because of that, it’s perfectly legal to buy D8 e-liquids as long as they contain less than 0.3% of D9 THC.
3. How to Choose the Best D8 Product
When searching for top-quality D8 vape juice, the most precise and concise way to ascertain if it’s good for you is to follow the BCCP method that stands for:
- Brand reliability – you should buy your D8 vape juice from trusted brands only, as that’s the only way to ensure you’re getting the best product there is. More importantly, trusted brands sell D8 products within the legal D9 concentration levels.
- Color – a top D8 product will have a rose hue or a light amber color. If you notice that your vape juice is either black or dark, stay away from it. Darker shades usually mean that the brand didn’t use the standard distillation process.
- Clarity – the clearer your product, the better; your vape juice shouldn’t have any cloudiness or discoloration.
- Potency – potency refers to the percentage of cannabinoid content within the product. The usual potency ranges between 80-95%. The more potent the product, the less you need to get the wanted effect.
4. What About Drug Tests
D8 will show up on a drug test as THC positive simply because most tests are designed to go for THC metabolites. The problem is that tests don’t differentiate between D8 and D9. In other words, if you’re going to do a drug test, make sure you don’t consume D8 as it will turn out the same whether you consumed D8 or D9.
5. Is D8 Vape Juice Safe for Driving
Even though D8 has significantly weaker effects than D9, it still gets you somewhat high, although it doesn’t alter your consciousness. Even though this is a milder high without any D9-related side effects like anxiety or paranoia, the other known effects remain. With that being said, we recommend that you avoid driving when using D8.
If you still need to drive, choose a less potent vape juice to avoid taking any risks. We advise the same caution when handling any kind of industrial vehicle, tools, or heavy machinery. It is true that the effect of D8 isn’t the same as that of D9, but each person is different, and different people handle things differently.
We hope that we made your doubts clearer about D8 vape juices and that this guide will help you buy the best product according to your needs and desires. As long as you buy your e-liquid from trusted brands, there is nothing to worry about. Be responsible, stay safe, and, more importantly, enjoy yourself.