The anti-vape movement downunder
Meanwhile a new campaign by Australian Public Health and Tobacco Treatment expert Dr. Colin Mendelsohn, aims to combat the current misinformation being spread across Australia. ‘Dr Col’s Vape Truths’, is an evidenced-based video campaign on nicotine vaping, consisting of a series of eight short evidence-based videos on vaping.
Recently announcing the campaign on his website Mendelsohn described it as follows: “Dr Col’s Vape Truths’ campaign consists of eight short videos correcting common misconceptions about vaping and is based on eight misleading and alarmist videos by Queensland Health. The videos cover the following key evidence:
- 1 Vapour is far less toxic than cigarette smoke.
- 2 Vaping significantly reduces the risk of cancer relative to smoking.
- 3 Vaping nicotine does not cause serious harm to the lungs.
- 4 Vapes incorrectly labelled as nicotine-free are dodgy disposable products sold on the black market, not from reputable businesses.
- 5 There has never been a single death caused by vaping nicotine.
- 6 When smokers switch to vaping, their breathing improves substantially.
- 7 Vaping is not completely risk-free but is substantially safer than deadly cigarettes.
- 8 Most of the chemicals in vapour are present at very low doses and most cause little or no harm.”
Read Further: Fox Sports