The new decree, published on December 14, 2016 in the Official Journal of the French Republic, revises the transitional periods for the declaration and the notification of vaping products containing nicotine as well as their costs, in application of the EU TPD.
- Notification fees are reduced to € 295 (formerly € 550) per product for any notification or substantial modification .
- The fee will be due on March 31 of year following the declaration at the latest (formerly December 31).
- Notification must be filed until December 31, 2016 (formerly October 1, 2016) for vaping products to be marketed on January 1, 2017. Similarly, notifiers have until February 28, 2017 (formerly January 1, 2017) to declare vaping products to be marketed on March 1, 2017 and until May 19, 2017 to declare vaping products to be marketed on May 20, 2017.
- Regarding the storage, the treatment and the review of declaration and notifications, the fee is 120 € per product and per year, and will be due on March 31 (formerly December 31) of the year following the declaration at the latest.
In agreement with the revised decree published on August 24, other notification fees remain the same:
- 120 € per study (point II of the Article L. 3512-17)
- 250 € per product for any annual declaration of sales volume
These measures constitute a step in the good direction but the costs remain elevated compared to some other member states like Belgium that recently revised notification fees to € 165.
More readings on the initial decree of May 19, 2016: