The Osub Mini kit contains one electronic box Osub Mini with a non-adjustable power of 60 W and a built-in battery of 1,200 mAh. Its clearomizer is a Helmet Nano of a diameter of 19 mm and a tank capacity of 1.7 ml. Compact, the box is only 75 mm high (120 mm with the clearomizer) and 19.6 mm wide for a depth of 30 mm.
The kit easily fit in a pocket. Smok adds two Helmet Nano resistance coils. Mounted in fused Clapton, one is a 0.6 Ω, the other 0.4 Ω. The low resistance of these coils let us think that the coil is rather dedicated to experienced vapers than to beginners.
With a very light weight (145 g) and a good usability (rounded edges), the Osub Mini is equipped of a magnetic trigger that hides a micro-USB plug, what adds to its beautiful design.
The technical features of the Osub Mini are:
- Height: 75 mm
- Width: 19.5 mm
- Depth: 30.5 mm
- Weight: 106.4 g
- Maximal Power: 60 W
- Range of resistance: 0.1 – 2.5 Ω
- Recharge via USB
- Threaded 510
- Material: alloy of zinc
- Built-in Battery: 1,200 mAh
- Colors: Black/Gold, Stainless steel, Red, White, Black/Silver
The technical features of the Helmet Mini Tank are:
- Diameter: 19 mm
- Tank capacity: 1.7 ml
- Weight: 39 g
- Conical drip-tip in 510
- Anti-leak top airflow system
- Top-filling system
- Material: Pyrex, Stainless steel
- Resistance coils: Helmet CLP Fused Clapton Dual Core in 0.4 Ω (20 – 45 W), Helmet CLP in single Clapton Core in 0.6 Ω (20 – 35 W)
The package contains:
- One Osub Mini
- One clearomizer Helmet Nano
- One resistance coil Helmet Nano 0.6 Ω
- One resistance coil Helmet Nano 0,4Ω
- A USB cable
- A user manual
- Spare parts
Clumping and liquid spills
The absence of power adjustment makes the Osub Mini very easy to use. Just screw the clearomizer on and fill it up by the top and you’re ready to vape. The Helmet Nano Tank has an adjustable top airflow system but the difference in draught is not striking.
The screwing system for the resistance coil is taken from Cubis Pro and is screwed on the top cap. Unfortunately, the system is subject to clumping and creates liquid spills, making its use not very pleasant. This is unfortunate because otherwise, rendering of flavors and volume are present.
- Well finished
- Top filling system that includes child safety
- No leakage
- Elegant Design
- Direct Lung and Mouth-to-Lung are possible
- Clumping and liquid spills
- Non-adjustable power
- Adjustable Airflow system not efficient
- Tank capacity 1.7 ml
Rating of 4/5 for Osub Mini and 2.5/5 for Helmet Nano Tank. For a price around 50 €, the kit OSub Mini 60 W will be preferred by experimented vapers and those who are looking for something easliy transportable. Its magnetic trigger is pleasant and contributes to its slick design. In contrast, the Helmet Nano Tank is the weakness. With clumping and liquid spills, it degrades the feeling of vaping with this kit.