The UK Vaping Forum 2018, will be the inaugural conference for the UKVIA. It will hold discussions about the continued growth of the vaping industry, and also mark the unveiling of a new vaping product, developed by the event’s headline sponsor, AYR.
“This is our inaugural conference after launching UKVIA nearly two years ago. Since then, there has been significant growth which reflects the strong performance of the sector. This event will bring together a range of stakeholders – from manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers to industry analysts, health professionals and political figureheads – to participate in thought provoking discussions and debate around the opportunities for and barriers to growth in the future.” said UKVIA board member John Dunne.
The conference speakers
The conference will be hosting the following speakers:
- Mark Pawsey MP, Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group for E-cigarettes;
- Rt Hon Norman Lamb, former Minister of State at the Department of Health and now Chair of the Science and Technology Select Committee which is currently undertaking an e-cigarette inquiry;
- Gareth Johnson MP, Parliamentary Private Secretary at the Department for Exiting the European Union;
- Craig Copland, E-Cigarette Unit Manager at the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency;
- Edward Woodall, Head of Public Policy & Public Affairs at the Association of Convenience Stores; Ian Hughes, Chief Executive at Consumer Intelligence;
- Josh Clifton, Client Development Lead for E-Cigarettes at HIM Shopper Research & Consultancy.
There will also be representatives from the pharmaceutical and tobacco industries and of course members of the vaping industry. Representing public health, there will be Associate Professor specialising in addictions at London South Bank University, Dr Lynne Dawkins and public health sociologist and Emeritus Professor at Imperial College London, Professor Gerry Stimson.
The event organizers pointed out that this conference “comes at an exciting time for the industry” since Public Health England (PHE), has recently released its expert e-cigarettes evidence review report which was conducted by leading independent tobacco experts, and updated the organization’s 2015 vaping report. Anyone interested in attending the UKVIA Going for Growth Forum 2018, is encouraged to follow this link.