The Vype ePod contains a battery and e-liquid, like all e-cigarettes. An obvious detail that involves certain restrictions when flying.
Find out about your destination
Before even considering the restrictions linked with flying itself, it is essential that you find out about e-cigarette legislation in the country of destination. Some countries do not apply any restrictions, whereas others, such as Thailand, have banned e-cigarettes under penalty of imprisonment. It would be a downright waste of a well-deserved rest if you had to exchange palm trees for prison bars, don’t you agree?
This is obviously an extreme example, but restrictions on the importing, possession or use of e-cigarettes may apply. Legislations vary and change at a rapid pace. The best thing would be to contact the consulate of the country of destination to make sure that you have accurate and up-to-date information.
E-cigarettes on airplanes
We have prepared a comprehensive report on this topic, which is applicable to the Vype ePod like any other e-cigarette. Batteries must always be placed in your carry-on baggage. Like those used in mobile phones or computers, they can be damaged and catch fire or explode if placed in the hold. These incidents are caused by the lack of pressurisation in that environment.
Tanks can be transported either in checked or cabin baggage, provided that they are suitably packaged and subject to a volume limit. Contact your airline for more details, some apply stricter requirements than the standard one described in our report.
In any case, remember to place your tanks in sealed bags so that they are not subject to pressurisation variations. Otherwise, it is highly likely that they will leak massively. A sealed bag prevents this annoyance and limits leaks in a worst-case scenario.
To find out more
To guide you in your choice, we have answered the most frequently asked questions concerning its use:
- The ePod is not prone to leakage, but leakages can nonetheless happen. We suggest a few solutions if this happens to you.
- The battery may also stop charging, rendering it unfit for use. A few troubleshooting points to help you find a solution quickly.
- The ePod requires very little maintenance. However, some occasional cleaning of the most exposed parts can prolong its service life and prevent malfunctions.
- During use, the ePod liquid budget may become sizable. We have prepared a report to help you reduce your expenditure and make savings with your e-cigarette.
- To ensure a seamless transition to e-cigarettes, the vapour produced must be satisfactory for the user. Here is some advice if this model is not working for you.
- The Vype tanks are sealed, but it can be tempting to try to fill them with a bottled e-liquid. We tried, successfully but unconvincingly.
- Vype products are widely distributed and relatively easy to find. We explain how you do so quickly and easily online or in-store.
- Finally, we present a comprehensive comparison with other sealed-tank e-cigarette models. This will allow you to make a fully informed choice.