The Vype ePod has a high cost of use. For this reason, you may be tempted to refill tanks yourself to benefit from the price of liquids in bottle format. That is not such a good idea, however.
An interesting calculation
Based on our calculations in our article on this topic, the costs incurred using the ePod are high due to the price of capsules. If you were to refill these capsules with e-liquid sold in 10 ml bottles, you would be able to divide the cost of use by 5. Sound tempting?
For all that, it is worth noting that it would diminish the benefits of this system considerably. Its main advantage is its easy use compared to clearomizers that actually need to be refilled. If you want to fill your tank to lower the cost of the liquid, you would be better off using a clearomizer from the outset! Especially considering that clearomizers are much more versatile and generally offer much better performances.
A tricky operation
The ePod tank can be opened; we did so to take the photos of its test. The base with the resistance coil can be released from the tank. You can then fill it with the e-liquid of your choice. You cannot perform a procedure like that on the fly during the day. You really need to sit at a table, use a small screwdriver to release the base from the tank, fill the tank carefully, and reassemble again.
We do not recommend this operation for a number of reasons. The first being that it is pointless. Fillable pods with the same performances and a similar design are available, and are specifically designed to be very easy to fill. Conversely, the closed system principle should be seen as an advantage in the ePod, due to its easy use. If you don’t particularly appreciate that or you find its cost unreasonable, you would be better off simply opting for another system.
To find out more
To guide you in your choice, we have answered the most frequently asked questions concerning its use:
- The ePod is not prone to leakage, but leakages can nonetheless happen. We suggest a few solutions if this happens to you.
- The battery may also stop charging, rendering it unfit for use. A few troubleshooting points to help you find a solution quickly.
- The ePod requires very little maintenance. However, some occasional cleaning of the most exposed parts can prolong its service life and prevent malfunctions.
- During use, the ePod liquid budget may become sizable. We have prepared a report to help you reduce your expenditure and make savings with your e-cigarette.
- To ensure a seamless transition to e-cigarettes, the vapour produced must be satisfactory for the user. Here is some advice if this model is not working for you.
- Vype products are widely distributed and relatively easy to find. We explain how you do so quickly and easily online or in-store.
- Travelling with an e-cigarette involves some preparations and precautions. A comprehensive guide to travelling with your ePod with peace of mind.
- Finally, we present a comprehensive comparison with other sealed-tank e-cigarette models. This will allow you to make a fully informed choice.